Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Here I Am - Reflection 3rd Sunday of Lent

(Readings)
My friend Deacon Clary Nash tells that he begins each day with this prayer. “Here I am LORD.”
I try to do the same.
When God called out “Moses, Moses.” Moses answered “Here I am.”
God answered Moses the same way. 
Moses asked “what shall I tell them is your name,” God answered “I am who am…. This is my name forever; thus am I to be remembered through all generations.”
The word “am” is the present form of to be.  
"I am who am" means God exists. "I am who am" means God is being. "I am who am" is yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
If we answer, “Here I am, LORD.”  We are answering –  I exist in your being, LORD.
We can only answer with the uniqueness of who we are. It is all we have to offer God.
It doesn’t have to something big. It can be the smallest of talents but as a child of God, it only has to be given with love to touch the heart of those who need.
That is the message of the parable.  The LORD God has planted his being in each of us.
We either bear fruit in the gifts and talents we have as children of God and Christians; or, we do not. Jesus warns us about when we do not.
Each and every person alive can say “Here I am.” But, that does not promise eternal life. If their life fails to be in Christ they may think they are standing secure but should take care not to fall.
If you are looking to be in Christ and to exists in God’s will answer “Here I am Lord.“
We can begin everyday with that prayer. To be good, be holy and preach the gospel by the way you live your life and love another. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment