Total Pageviews

Monday, May 13, 2013

An Introduction

My name is Bill.  I am on a journey to become a deacon in the Roman Catholic Church.  It is a continual discernment and test that allows me to grow.  I ask everyone who reads this to forgive my typing and writing ability.  I am trying to grow in these skills as well.

As I go down this path to the diaconate there are so many discoveries I make and people I meet.  One of my cohort group's mentor/instructor told us that as we mature in our knowledge we will question everything we knew before we entered the program.  Our faith will be tested but true faith will grow stronger.

We all continue to grow in our relation to the divine.  I hope that anyone who finds this blog and reads my meager attempts will be able to grow in their relationship with God.  Words mean so much and they shape who we are and what society becomes.  Hans-George Gademer states that "The meaning of the word cannot be detached from the event of proclamation."  I hope all my words are inspired by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the divine relationship of God's love found in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment