Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I Got My New Glasses Today

I got my new glasses today.

Over time my eyes have gotten worse, nothing I did; just age (too old), circumstance (an old sports injury to my eye), and environment (sunshine and glare). With my new glasses, I can see what I did not know I couldn't see.  My eyes were opened.

My glasses broke and I had to send them in for repair.  So only having an old prescription pair, I took some vacation.  During this time, I worked with some folks who had nothing, not even heat, and it has been cold. Some were elderly.  Some were sick.  Some had nothing.

A human faults sometimes let us place ourselves above folks worse off.  We just can not see as well as we need to see.  The world has affected us in our age, our circumstance, and our environment.

The predicament of the poor many times is nothing they control; just age, circumstance, and environment.

I see people talk in loving words about their children and the great things they have accomplished.  I see how alone they are.  I wonder how did they get in these predicaments of poverty.

I put on the glasses of love and my eyes are opened by the one who loves us all.

I got my new glasses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment