Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Priorities - Reflection Solemnity Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe

Praise be Jesus Christ, King of the Universe. Forever and ever.

That kingship is built on the greatest commandment: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Earlier this week, my youngest grandson wakes up in a bad mood, kind of whiney. This was our conversations:

Poppy loves you, do you love poppy? He answered, “no”. Do your love mommy and brother? Again, “no.” Do you love nanny or mamaw? “No.” Do you love your new puppy, Buster? “No.” Well, it’s time for breakfast, do you love pancakes? “Yes.”

It was breakfast time. He was hungry. And, a 2 year old has his priorities.

So does our Lord God and His priority is love.

“I myself will look after and tend my sheep.

I will rescue them from every place they were scattered. I will rescue them from when it was dark and cloudy.

The lost, I will seek out. The strayed, I will bring back. The injured, I will bind up. The sick, I will heal.”

He will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

He will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

We are to judge as righteous by our love of the Lord; in Christ all shall be brought to life.

He said to them, “Whatever you did for one of the least brothers of mine, you did for me.’

I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.

There is only one King of which that can be true. He is the good shepherd.  He is a king that is in every one of us. He is Christ Jesus, King of the Universe.

His Kingdom is built from the greatest commandment.

His kingdom is a kingdom of holiness and grace, a kingdom of justice, love, and peace.

In that he gives us new priorities, a new commandment: “Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.”

To be part of the kingdom, to be on the right, we must get our priorities in order.

Be good, be holy, and preach the gospel by living a life loving others to love and serve out King.

Praise be Jesus Christ; forever and ever. Praise be Jesus Christ, King of the Universe.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment