Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2021

Harsh Words – Reflection 33rd Sunday OTB

 Praise be Jesus Christ fore ever and ever.

Most know, I have three beautiful grandchildren. I love them all, but each is different. Each has their own personality. 

My youngest grandson is a rambunctious 3 year old. There are times, maybe twice or more a week or a day, the daycare calls for someone to come and have a discussion with him about his behavior.

After the second visit, the discussions become a little harsher. When you love someone, a little tough live maybe needed to put them on the right path for their behavior. Put it this way, the 3 year old gets a lot of guided tours to that right path.

Those times are hard on me. Each of my grandchildren are unique and I love them just as they are more than anything.

On that note, what do you think about the scripture readings this morning? I you ask me to describe them in one work – “Yikes!” or even “Scary!”

With those “scary” words, take these comforting thoughts. God loves you more than anything.

But…, I am a sinner.

God still love you more than anything.

But…, I am a little different than other people.

You are God’s creation. You were created for him to love and to love him. God loves us in our difference more than anyone else.

God loves us in our quirks. He loves us in our differences. God loves us even when we sin. Because God loves us, do not be afraid of Jesus’ words.

It is our sin we should fear. Sin hurts us. Sin is the rejection of God’s love for us. Sin is when we fail to love God.

That is even more “scary” than Jesus’ words: The sun will become dark and the moon will no longer shine. The stars will fall and the powers of the sky will be shaken.

Times of greatest sin is when many see these scary things Jesus warned us about. Jesus tell us to not be afraid. Because, Jesus will come again. All things will be made new. All who live holy lives will live forever.

Scripture proclaims, “You shall be Holy for I am Holy.” And, “You are God’s temple and God’s spirit dwells in you. For God’s temple is holy and you are that temple.”

God sent Jesus as an example of how we are to be Holy. He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us so that we should be Holy.

To live a Holy life we should take these simple words from today’s Psalm used in the Children’s liturgy. “You Lord are all I want! You are my choice and keep me safe. I will always look to you as you stand beside me and protect me from fear. With all my heart I can safely rest.”

Being Holy is a loving God. Being Holy is not rejecting God’s love. Being Holy is following Jesus words, his instructions, and following in his footsteps.

Many look at the world and see what Jesus describes in today’s Gospel. It is easy to see violence, hate, injustice, and attacks on the dignity of peoples. There is much confusion as men, women, and leaders of the world think they can be God by opinion and legal rulings. Many times, the result is not Holy.

Sometimes a loving Father has to speak to his children with harsher words; but, He still loves each of them more than anything.

We are shown a path of life in Jesus words, instructions, and way. It is a path that will not change. His words will not pass away. Everyone who listens to him will shine bright in wisdom.

Do not be afraid. Only God the Father knows the timing of his will. It is all in the Father’s hands.

Be good, be holy and go to preach Jesus’ words by the way you live your life and love one another.

Praise be Jesus Christ, for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment