Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Pillow of Rest (Mt 11:28-30)

In Mathew, Jesus tells us, "Come to me all you who labor and are heavy burdened and I will give you rest, for I am gentle and humble of heart."  This is a message of love.  It is a message of love we should apply to ourselves and those around us.  The labored and burdened suffer from injustice.  Injustice suffers both victims and proliferators.  Yet, Jesus's words offer a promise of perserverance in our darkest times. 
 
As I read and study, God opens my eyes to the reality of the world.  The world has prejudiced me in my thoughts and views in ways which may have championed injustice.  These are just some of the burdens that I bring to Jesus.  I want to leave that yoke that ties me to those burdens behind and put on Christ's yoke.  

The more I learn, the more I love.  Knowing God's love humbles me.  It lets me know that God is sharing in the labor and burden of those seeking rest.  It is through our Lord Jesus Christ, whose humiliation, suffering, and death that God knows our burdens.  
 
In striving to learn how God works in the world and the truth of God’s promise to humanity, the more I learn the more I love.  I have learned and realized Christ’s promise, “Whoever believes has eternal life.”   This is the yoke that becomes my pillow of that promised rest.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment