Total Pageviews

Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday Flash Fiction: To Sneeze

Word countWrite a 150-word story 
(10-word leeway on either side) 
based on the photo prompt

To Sneeze

I’m not fierce but look it; because, the tassels tickle the nose. It’s a hard thing to wait with that tickle. But I wait, with a stuck grimace.

My friends sitting beside me look like they need to sneeze, too. I see it in their faces and curled up noses. They hold-in sneezes with wide eyes and open mouths.

Every day, the need grows.  

***
Tonight’s the night. I’m finally able to get on my feet. My friends, I see, are better as well. 

I’ve held this sneeze for so-o-o-o long.

I feel it. My sneeze starts and my back arches, sways and ripples. My tail jumps around with a mind of its own.

It’s a big sneeze. I need room so I run to the crowded streets. 

I can’t hold it back. My sneeze erupts in drums, dance, and fireworks.  I sneeze joy, hope, and good cheer.

Other dragons are sneezing in the streets. And the New Year begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment