Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Reflection Healing Prayer Service - I Keep on Praying

People ask, “Why should I keep on praying?” Some ask aloud; some ask it to themselves and some in actions by not praying. It’s a shame people ask this question.
It’s a question raised by the way we live. People depending on their abilities to get things done; they don’t really need God for everyday things. If they can’t get it done, technology can get it done for them.
Isn’t it contradictory that Our Savior is this naked, bleeding, crucified Christ that surrendered all; but, we want to be winners? We want to be powerful and in total control. Maybe it’s the middle-class thing. People have becoming comfortable. The world lets them believe they don’t need to pray and ask God for anything. They can get (or the world can create) anything they need. The world gives us just enough to make us believe we don’t need prayer. So, people ask “Why should I keep praying?”
Then evil attacks us with suffering that we can’t handle. Maybe, we open ourselves to the pain of those we love or what’s in the world. We go to a place that's “Lord, help me; I have no one but you!” There is no “Why should keep on praying?” But only “How do I keep on praying?”
Jesus has simple instructions: Ask, Seek, Knock: Ask and keep on asking; some things we must ask for. Seek and keep on seeking; seeking is deeper than just asking. We seek God’s will. Knock and keep on knocking; let God know you desire to be in his comfort and companionship.
With ever-increasing intensity; keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking, and keep on praying. Because with prayer there are two certainties:  
One, God hears every prayer. Jesus says that God hears our prayers, “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks the door is opened.” God hears every prayer.
The other is God always answers. Jesus tells us that no prayer is wasted. “Your Heavenly Father will give good things to those who ask him.” God always answers.
This was written about prayer. “I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life, that I might enjoy all things. I received very few of the things I asked for; but I received the things I had hoped for.” 
 “I keep on praying!” and God gives me what I need and sometimes what I ask for, but remember, NO PRAYER IS WASTED!  "I keep on praying!" because Jesus says to keep on asking, to keep on seeking, and to keep on knocking and it shall be given. 
God wants us to on keep praying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment