Total Pageviews

Friday, October 23, 2015

Christian Fiction "Wanderland"

“Wanderland”

I can’t help it
I am
a wanderer - I tend to roam

tic-tic-tic-tic

exploring
roads I’ve never walked
I run free
following dirt roads
chasing dusty crowds
to the one who calls me
I answer breathless

tic-tic-tic-tic

He invites me
to follow him - walking
through turmoil
silenced by his peace
we leave the crowd amazed
by the fullness of the meal he provides

stepping
in his footsteps,
to find
his words of truth
I freely share the word

tic-tic-tic-tic

following in faith
I do not know
where I roam

coming to a stream
I feel the cool water as
it washes
around my legs
not even slippery rocks can trip me.

He delights
at mothers and children
gathered there
His love smiles at me
a blind man asks me
to come see the light as
I dance with crippled legs

My guide speaks
Roam the world –
have courage –
know the truth -
voice it -

tic-tic-tic-tic

my chair’s belt
keeps me from sliding
into His arms completely

wheels locked

voice paralyzed

an old clock mounted
on yellowed walls - beacons
white-round
above a traffic jam of wheelchairs
neighbors lined up
some are rebels
kicked
juxtaposed to normality.
some never move
everyone is traveling - minds wandering.

the clock
sets
the-sted-e-beat
for life
against white noise
of routine
television radio bickering
a life that exist in wandering

tic-tic-tic-tic.

the orderly looks
irritable
maybe it’s his bowels

I sing my song
of wandering
into my lover’s ear

I tend to roam
in life’s time
tic-tic-tic-tic

No comments:

Post a Comment