Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Baptismal Promises - Reflection of The Baptism of the Lord

Praise be Jesus Christ, forever and ever. Amen.

This week, I have gotten so many calls from people asking me to pray for them. People are filled with anxiety, fear, and panic. For that reason, earlier this week I shared this prayer “Jesus I belong to you; Jesus is my Lord and savior.”

It is a good prayer to share for a couple of reasons.

First, look at the world, It seems people have forgotten Jesus. 

Many people who call themselves Christians are forgetting the most important part of being a Christian. They are forgetting the love Jesus taught us.

Instead, they like to call themselves by some other name. This past year, many have identified themselves by their political party or beliefs. By politics and agendas, the leaders of this world want us to worship them as gods so to forget the true God.

It is happening.

I have seen priest and ministers post ugly political statements not about policy but about people. I have seen good and beautiful people spout unpleasant ugliness. Instead of voicing disagreement on agendas and platforms, they judge and condemn persons.

So many baptized Christians have forgotten to live their baptismal promises. If we forget these we forget we belong to Jesus.

Do you remember your baptismal promises?

·      Do you reject Satan and all his works and all his empty promises?

·      Do you believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth?  

·      Do you believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary was crucified, died, and was buried, rose from the dead, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father?

·      Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting?

Friends, stay strong. Renew these promises every day. Remember the love Jesus taught us and pray “I belong to Jesus; Jesus is my Lord and savior.”

Second,this pandemic is causing people to lose hope. It is getting worse every day.   

Friends and family are sick. Friends and family are dying. Everyone is suffering in some way or another. Say this prayer, because people are losing hope. 

People say this pandemic is the work of the devil. It is not.

But, the devil is using this pandemic for his agenda.  The devil spreads fear, anger, hatred, division (disunity), anxiety, greed, injustice, despair, confusion or chaos, lust, sloth, and pride.

Those attack hope. Those attack faith. Those attack humanity.

The devil attacks us in this pandemic and through politics.  

But, remember John the Baptist proclaimed - “A mighty one is coming…. I have baptized you with water, He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”  

That one is Jesus the Christ, the son of God, Jesus Christ, Lord of all. God anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit and power. He heals the sick. He heals those oppressed by the devil.

My friends whenever you are tempted by the devil to put anything before your faith or tempted by sin. Whenever you are tempted by anything that takes you away from the beautiful creation you are in God, say this prayer: “I belong to Jesus; Jesus is my Lord and savior.”

Remember the love Jesus taught us and pray this prayer three times. 

I belong to Jesus; Jesus is my Lord and savior.

I belong to Jesus; Jesus is my Lord and savior.

I belong to Jesus; Jesus is my Lord and savior.

It is a prayer that proclaims Jesus and helps to keep us good, holy, and preaching the gospel by the way we live our lives and love one another.

Praise be Jesus Christ, forever and ever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment