Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I Sit and Think of God.

I sit and think of God. I think as I count my breaths and see in these God’s greatness and generosity. I find it in every breath that God gives me. This same greatness and generosity was given to the first man. In creation, God breathed his breathe into humanity. 

God gives me, his breath. God’s breath exists in the air that I breathe. The air a miracle of different gas molecules mixed in the right ratio so that when it enters my lungs, my body takes from this miraculous mixture what it needs. It is God’s breath that keeps me alive, makes by brain function, keeps my body warm, and allows me to share in the magnificence of God.

How does this share in the magnificence of God?  Think about it, if I were a person who did not believe in God, it would be easy to say "all of this the air, my breath, my thoughts are just the result of acts of randomness." In randomness, I evolved from choice stock that was best adapted to meet the demands of the environment. 

But if this is so, then how come man has become man, and why did only man became man?  How come dolphins that live in the oceans do not have the need for doctors or lawyers or inventors? How come horses do not have great wars with other horses? How come lions or tigers or bears don’t rule the world? These beast are the strongest.

It is said that it was man’s cunning and his intellect has made him master of the earth.  If that is so, then why do we have such a vast difference in people?  If it is cunning, then why do we have athletes and warriors?  If it is brawn that makes us superior then why do we have intellectuals? If one makes us strong would it not make sense that evolution would evolve the other out of existence? If we are truly so smart that we deny and try to prove that there is no God, then why is there still suffering, pain, wars, and evil? If we do not need God, then why is there such a thing as ethics and morals?  If man is his own master then why is there immorality and lack of ethics? 

It is the magnificence of God that made things in the order that it is. God made the air so that we could breath and then shared his breath with us.

I look at the beauty of the world and I enjoy it and it touches my heart. I breath in the air, my lungs are full and I taste his glory.  In the coolness of the water, I am refreshed my his forgiveness. In all the necessities that God gives us, God also gave us Jesus Christ. God gave us his word which exists through his breath. In Christ, God is the source of all forgiveness and grace, the fresh air of our lives. In Christ we see how important we are to God, like our breath is important to us.  In Christ, we appreciate the water of baptism, the breath of the Holy Spirit, and the nourishment that is communion with Christ, being one with the son and the father.

I sit and think of God. Maybe my thoughts are incoherent. Maybe my thoughts are rambling. But to truly express the magnificence of God in words is impossible. Maybe I can express the magnificent of God in the air, water, and nourishment that gives us life.  In all of these we have gifts from God. In all of these is God’s creation. In all of these we find life. In God we find the eternity that exist in the moment we experience all of these things.

It is God’s magnificence that made these things in the order that it is. God gave us creation to keep and protect, but we disobeyed. God asks us to love him, but we deny that God exists. Even in humanity’s disobeying and denying all that God gave, God does not take back his breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment