Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Dust Between My Toes

 

Readings 100126


Sitting on the back porch,

I looked down at my dirty feet,

dust clinging to my toes

after a long afternoon working in the yard.

Sandals weren't the smartest choice,

but there it was,

the evidence of a day well spent.


And somewhere in the dust,

God began to speak.


I remembered the words of Jesus:

"Carry no bag, no sack, no sandals."

And if you're not welcomed,

"shake the dust from your feet and move on."


It reminded me 

the Holy Spirit often speaks

through ordinary moments,

through simple things 

we would normally overlook.


We have to listen.

Listening is a spiritual act.


When we slow down 

long enough to pay attention,

we discover the Kingdom of God 

is not far away.


It is right here,

close enough to touch,

close enough to believe.


Jesus said the harvest is abundant,

but the laborers are few.

He sends us out into the world,

vulnerable and exposed,

like lambs among wolves,

yet never abandoned.


Life can hit hard at times.

Dust gathers.

Trials come.

But the One who fights for us still lives.


So today, take a breath.

Look down at your feet.

Listen closely.

Because even the dust between your toes

may have a sermon to preach.


Prayer: 

Lord, 

slow my heart 

to sit still and listen today, 

Clear away the clutter 

so I hear what You say. 

When trials feel heavy, 

remind me You stand, 

And guide every step 

as I rest in Your hand.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment