Total Pageviews

Friday, July 18, 2014

Flash Friday Fiction: Missionaries (A Science Fiction Parable)




Word limit150 word story (10-word leeway) springing forth from the photo prompt and include the concept of clumsiness.


Missionaries                                           
By WEGoss2

It started with inter-galaxy trip to a friend who was bringing the God-Jesus story to aborigines. Aborigines closer to creatures than beings are being told human myths. Once I believed. I had been a priest but first contact changed me and a lot of others. 


Drive malfunctions landed us on an unknown. Now, I walked hands raised in a line of captives. Our captors almost human in a clumsy haphazard way didn't speak any known language.

I prayed in remembered comfort.

That night they turned almost nothing into a shelter. Our captors pulled us inside. One quieter than others took out a kit. Squeezing a root dug earlier over a shell to catch the juice, it was set to the side. Then a green-brown morsel was unwrapped and set on its wrapping next to the juice.

In a gurgle-squawk tongue, He spoke and I understood. 


“Taking the morsel and giving it to all, He said, this is my body.”

No comments:

Post a Comment