Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Flash Friday: Touched By a Hot Reminding Breeze (A Short Contemplation on Eternity)

Hamilton-burr-duel

This week’s challenge? A 150 word story (+/- 10 words) springing forth from the photo prompt and include friendship. 


Touched By A Hot Reminding Breeze  (A Short Contemplation on Eternity)  by WEGoss2

Touched by a hot reminding breeze, two men, friends forever, are meeting on a dusty road. Dark witnesses stand hidden by shadows.

Back to back, they shared memories.  

“Hello, friend, we still have unfinished business.”

“It is how things have to be, the reason we are.”

“When you live as we have lived, this is the result.”

“Ten paces gentlemen, I will count”

“One.”
“Remember when we first met.”

“Two.”
 “I remember, boys at the market.”  

“Three.”
 “Yes, your father gave me a candy.”

“Four.”
“I remember Roxanne.”

“Five.”
 “She liked me, you know.”

“Six.”
“But, I gave her a first kiss.”

“Seven.”
“She said you didn’t know how.”

“Eight.”
“You destroyed dreams!”

“Nine.”
“It was for the good of all.”

“Ten.”
“I am truly sorry.”

“Fire!”

Touched by a hot reminding breeze, two men, friends forever, time after time are meeting on a dusty road.

Back to back, they shared memories. 

“Ten paces gentleman.”

No comments:

Post a Comment