In the quiet truth of my own story,
I know this much—
God has been with me.
Long before I listened,
long before I followed,
long before my heart learned how to be still.
His voice was there,
steady as morning light,
but I refused to hear it.
I wandered.
I strayed.
I walked paths that were never mine.
Yet the Shepherd never stopped searching.
Never stopped seeing.
Never stopped restoring.
Because God Himself shepherds His people—
with justice for the wounded,
mercy for the weary,
and a generosity that overturns everything
we think we deserve.
His shepherding is not distant.
It is personal.
Protective.
Sustaining.
It is the hand that lifts,
the voice that calls,
the grace that gathers us home.
And in the goodness of that grace,
He welcomes us
with the same love,
the same mercy,
the same overflowing kindness—
no matter when we finally turn toward Him.
So today I strive—
to walk closer,
to listen deeper,
to follow more faithfully.
Because the Shepherd who never left me
now leads me
into the peace I once refused to see.
Prayer
Shepherd of my wandering soul,
draw me close again.
Speak Your steady voice
into the quiet places of my heart.
Lift me from the paths
where I have strayed too long.
Wrap me in the mercy
that keeps finding me.
And lead me forward
by the generosity of Your grace.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment