Total Pageviews

Monday, September 28, 2026

Service Becomes Surrender

Readings 092826

 Sometimes, if I'm honest, 

I find myself doing too much.


A call comes from another parish. 

A need arises. 

A place is empty. 

And I step in.


At first glance, 

it looks like service. 

But prayer asks deeper questions.


Am I doing this for God? 

Or am I doing it for myself?


The disciples wrestled with that same struggle. 

They argued about who was the greatest. 

Jesus responded by placing a child at His side 

and reminding them that greatness 

is found in humility, not recognition.


We all carry subtle obstacles. 

Not usually the obvious sins, 

but the quiet desires to be needed, 

to be noticed, 

to feel important.


Yet the Holy Spirit gently calls us back.

Back to simplicity. 

Back to dependence. 

Back to serving Christ, 

not ourselves.


Someone asked me after Mass 

one Sunday morning, 

"How can you be so joyful this early?"

The answer is simple.

I'm bringing Jesus. 

I'm proclaiming the Gospel. 

I'm standing in the presence of God's people.


Every day my prayer remains the same:

Come, Holy Spirit. 

Fill me with Your joy. 

Set my heart ablaze with Your presence. 

And let everything I do begin with You, 

flow through You, 

and return to You.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment