I’ve noticed something stirring on social media —
so‑called Christians walking into Catholic churches,
claiming to “bring the Gospel to the non‑Christian Catholics.”
They chase clicks, views, and money…
but not more Jesus.
No Church in the world
is more consistently hated, resisted, and attacked
than the Catholic Church.
And Jesus told us why:
“If the world hates you, know that it hated Me first.”
If your mission is to preach Christ,
why begin by attacking Christ’s Church?
The Church built upon the rock of Peter —
the first Christian preacher,
the voice of Pentecost,
the shepherd who carried the Gospel
from Jerusalem to Samaria,
to Lydia and Joppa,
to Caesarea, Antioch,
and finally to Rome.
After his martyrdom,
Linus, Cletus, and Clement
carried that same flame.
We are challenged today
by those who call themselves Christian
yet do not know the real history
of the Church they criticize.
Saint Paul saw this spirit long ago:
“While there is jealousy and rivalry among you…
are you not walking according to the flesh?”
Some say, “I belong to Paul,”
others, “I belong to Apollos.”
But Christ is not divided.
We are called to preach Christ
to those who do not know Him —
not to divide His Body,
but to draw hearts toward His truth.
Jesus Himself said,
“To the other towns also I must proclaim the Good News,
for this is why I was sent.”
So let us stay steady,
stay humble,
and stay rooted
in the Church Christ founded.
For the rock still stands,
and the light still shines.
Prayer
Lord Jesus,
Keep our hearts steady on the rock
You set beneath us.
Holy Spirit, quiet every rivalry
and stir up only charity.
Father, guard Your Church
from jealousy, pride, and confusion.
Teach us to answer every insult with mercy
and every challenge with truth.
And let our lives preach the Gospel
more loudly than our words.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment