Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Today I Pick It Back Up

 

Readings 091526

Memorial Our Lady  of Sorrows


During this quiet stretch of the day,  

I confess my own hesitation,  

my laziness,  

my habit of setting down the very prayer  

that would steady my heart.


I pray the Chaplet of Our Lady of Sorrows in Lent,  

but the rest of the year I drift.  

I pick up that Seven Sorrows rosary,  

realize it’s not the one I meant to grab,  

and I put it right back down.  

And Lord, I don’t pick it up again.


But today…  

today I will.


Because Mary’s heart was pierced  

by seven swords,  

and each one carries a grace  

for the weary, the distracted,  

the ones who start and stop  

and start again.


Her sorrow in Simeon’s prophecy.  

Her sorrow in the flight to Egypt.  

Her sorrow in losing Jesus for three days.  

Her sorrow meeting Him on the road to Calvary.  

Her sorrow at the cross.  

Her sorrow holding Him in her arms.  

Her sorrow at His burial.


And still—she stayed.  

She stood.  

She loved.


So Lord, let me pick up this rosary today  

not out of guilt,  

but out of love.  

Let me walk with Mary  

through every sorrow she carried,  

and let her steady my steps  

as I carry my own.


And may that sword‑pierced heart  

teach mine to be faithful—  

even if all I can offer today  

is simply picking it back up.


Prayer

Mother of Sorrows,  

Steady my wandering heart.  

Let each sword 

that pierced your soul  

shape my love for Jesus 

more deeply.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment