Readings 092326 - John 17
The Catholic Church professes
apostolic succession—
the mandate Jesus gave the Twelve,
still alive, still moving,
handed on through the laying of hands,
generation to generation,
mission to mission.
Jesus prayed for His Church:
“I revealed Your name to those You gave me…
the words You gave to me I have given to them…
Holy Father, keep them in Your name,
that they may be one.”
This truth stands firm,
for every word of God is tested.
We add nothing.
We subtract nothing.
We simply carry what was entrusted.
Jesus summoned the Twelve,
gave them authority,
sent them with nothing but courage,
nothing but the Kingdom in their voice,
nothing but trust in their sandals.
Apostolic succession means this:
the same call still moves
through His Church—
to preach,
to heal,
to lift the broken,
to shake the dust when needed,
to stay faithful to the work.
He shields those who take refuge in Him.
And even as a deacon,
I stand in that long line of mission—
my ministry,
my responsibilities,
my family, my community.
Not perfect.
Not finished.
But carried by the same Spirit
that carried them.
Prayer
Lord Jesus,
Keep my heart
steady in Your truth.
Guide my steps
in the mission You entrust.
Strengthen my voice
to speak Your Word with love.
Shield me when the road feels
thin and weary.
Let Your Spirit carry me
farther than I can go alone.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment