Sometimes a story of deep trauma
stops us right where we stand.
Someone shared one with me—
so heavy it strained their relationship with God.
They wanted Jesus,
because Jesus understands suffering.
But they couldn’t forgive God the Father
for allowing their pain.
I tried to be gentle.
“I understand your hurt,” I said.
They shot back,
“You don’t know what it’s like to be me.”
And they were right.
I don’t.
But God does.
He knows every wound,
every silence,
every place where hope feels thin.
Paul tells us that if Christ is not raised,
our faith is empty—
and that truth carries us straight
into the trauma of Jesus Himself.
Because resurrection isn’t an idea;
it’s God’s power entering real wounds,
real violence,
real abandonment,
and pulling life out of places
that should have stayed dead.
Christ’s trauma was not hidden.
It was public, brutal, humiliating.
He carried betrayal in His spirit,
thorns on His brow,
and the weight of the world on His shoulders.
And yet—through that trauma,
God brought salvation, healing, and hope.
And the same God works through ours.
The trauma we carry may feel like a grave—
dark, silent, sealed shut.
But resurrection enters those places too.
Not to erase the wound,
but to transform it.
To breathe life where pain once ruled.
To make suffering
a doorway for grace.
Jesus still walks into our wounds today,
just as He walked from town to town
proclaiming the Kingdom of God.
He doesn’t wait for us to be healed—
He meets us in the broken places.
The mystic Rumi said,
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
And I’ve seen that truth:
mercy slipping through the cracks,
grace settling where nothing good
seemed able to grow.
So when trauma rises,
we don’t pretend to understand someone’s pain.
We simply stand with them
and witness the God who enters wounds
and raises what feels dead.
Prayer
Lord,
Enter the wounds I carry.
Let Your Light find every hidden place.
Transform my hurt
with Your healing grace.
Raise what feels dead within me.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment