Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

“The Ones Who Hear and Act”

 

Readings 092226


I am a deacon 

because I heard the voice 

of One greater than I calling me.  


A quiet summons… 

steady, unmistakable…  

drawing me into service.  


And when I visit the sick,  

or sit beside someone who is struggling,  

I see Christ looking back at me—  

in their eyes, 

in their wounds, 

in their hope.  


That is why I go.  

That is why I serve.


I am a spiritual director 

because I hear the cry  

of those carrying moral injury,  

those wounded by trauma,  

searching for the Divine Physician  

who heals 

what no human hand can reach.  


And I walk with them  

because the Lord tests hearts,  

and teaches us 

doing what is right and just  

is more pleasing to Him  

than anything we might claim 

as our own righteousness.


Scripture warns us gently:  

He who shuts his ear to the cry of the poor  

will one day cry out  

and not be heard.  

So I keep my ear open,  

my heart open,  

my life open—  

because mercy is not optional in the Kingdom.


And then the Gospel brings it all together.  

“Your mother and your brothers are outside,” they said.  


Jesus replied,  

“My mother and my brothers  

are those who hear the word of God  

and act on it.”


To hear…  

to act…  

to belong to Christ  

living His mercy 

toward every person 

He places before us.


Prayer

Lord Jesus, 

Open my ears to the cries of those

You place before me.  

Let my heart be steady, humble,

and ready to serve.  

Heal the wounded ones

who seek Your mercy.  

Make my life a quiet answer

to Your call.  

And draw us all into the family

of those who hear Your word

and act on it.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment